In only 10 minutes, you can put together this healthy cucumber salad using sliced cucumbers, onions, fresh dill, and a little vinegar. The ideal crispy side dish for summer! Healthy Cucumber Salad
This season, choose from alternatives like creamy cucumber salad, cucumber tomato salad, or creamy cucumber tomato salad to be cool as a cucumber!
This nutritious cucumber salad is for you if you enjoy everything that has vinegar and dill in it!
Slices of red onion and crisp cucumber are used, along with a little oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper, and dill for garnish. This nutritious salad dish couldn’t be easier or more energizing! Healthy Cucumber Salad
It goes well with grilled fish, meat, and your favorite barbecue burger.
You might find yourself scooping up slices with your fingers and snacking on them as well because the citrus taste is so irresistible!
Read Also: Seafood Keto Recipes
Why This Salad Will Be a Favorite Healthy.
Dietary sources of vitamins B, C, and K include cucumbers. They also have fiber, antioxidants, and the water you need to stay hydrated during the heat.
swift and simple. As simple as they come, this salad. Slice and chop, toss, and then devour!
fits any outfit! On the side of any grilled food, we adore serving this wholesome cucumber salad recipe. You name it: beef, hog, chicken, and fish.
Ingredients You Will Need
- English cucumbers, thinly sliced.
- Red onion, thinly sliced.
- Fresh dill, finely chopped.
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Making Cucumber Salad
To prepare this nutritious salad, all you need is a sharp knife, a reliable cutting board, and a salad bowl.
Cucumbers should be cut into thin circles. When using a knife, try your best to get them as close to the same size as possible.
Avoid making the slices too thin because they won’t maintain their shape. Moreover, avoid cutting them too thickly so that the salad is difficult to consume. As you cut along the length of the cucumber, make sure to keep it steady.
Place in a large salad bowl.
Slice the red onion and chop the fresh dill. Half the onion whole, then cut it into quarters. One-fourth of the onion should be thinly sliced, then the strands should come apart.
To improve the smoothness of the salad, cut the dill plant from the thick stems. Add it to the bowl of cucumbers after being chopped up.
Blend and toss. Salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and vegetables are added; gently whisk to incorporate. Take your time; next time, you might want to cut the cucumbers into half-moon shapes instead of the larger slices.
- Choose English cucumbers because their skin is thin and doesn’t need to be peeled. Persian cucumbers, which have a smaller diameter, can also be used.
- Use fresh dill instead of dried dill weed. If necessary, use chives in their place.
- Garlic: Include a single, freshly grated clove of garlic.
- Yogurt addition: For a richer, creamier outcome, stir in 3 tbsp of full-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Oil: Avocado oil would be a fair substitute for the extra virgin olive oil. Both contain the same amount of healthy fat and flavorlessness.
To use up all of your cucumbers, make a quick, easy, and healthful cucumber salad. It only takes 10 minutes and little work.
As a result, fill up your plate as much as you can now because this salad is going fast!
- 2 long English cucumbers, thinly sliced;
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion;
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered black pepper,
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cucumbers, red onion, dill, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a big bowl.
- To combine, thoroughly stir. Due to the cucumber’s tendency to get watery with aging, this salad is best enjoyed right away. However, you can combine all the ingredients (salt and pepper excluded) and chill for up to 24 hours. Before serving, season and stir.
Choose English cucumbers because their skin is thin and doesn’t need to be peeled. Persian cucumbers, which have a smaller diameter, can also be used.
Use fresh dill instead of dried dill weed. Change out the chives.
You can use a sharp knife or a mandoline to slice vegetables uniformly. Even cucumber and red onion slicing is essential.
Mix in yogurt: Add 3 tablespoons of sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt for a richer result
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g