Create this lemon cake when life hands you lemons. With the help of Greek yogurt, this delicious and refreshing dessert is low in fat, sugar, and calories.
This low-fat, sugar-free lemon cake is the ideal summer treat for people who want to snack mindfully. It is fluffy, moist, and refreshing.
Our readers adore this sugar-free, low-calorie, and low-fat lemon cake recipe that we’re sharing today. Take a peek, and have fun creating it!
This low-calorie lemon cake is probably impossible to compare to the “normal” lemon cake. But despite being free of sugar and fat, it is still a lemon cake. Healthy Cake Recipes For Weight Loss
The fluffy and compact consistency is extremely appealing to me. I love how intense the lemon flavor is. The lemon cake has a wonderful finish thanks to the light yogurt icing. Just the extremely light shade stands out a little. Lemon cakes typically have a fairly yellow appearance, like this traditional Lemon Cake Recipe. Healthy Cake Recipes For Weight Loss
The cake is as excellent as white despite the fact that my low-calorie lemon cake recipe excludes egg yolks, margarine, and table sugar. Nevertheless, that looks good, right…?
The dough is made with low-fat Greek yogurt, beaten egg whites, and xylitol or erythritol rather than a lot of sugar, butter, and eggs. The outcome is very fantastic!
Fresh ingredients are required to make this low-fat, sugar-free lemon cake. So make sure to use both freshly grated lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice! You’ll taste the difference in flavor between homemade products and ready-made goods. Particularly considering that commercial lemon juice and zest can contain extra or other additives in addition to merely “pure” lemon.
To make the lemon cake low-fat while maintaining flavor, I use low-fat Greek yogurt. It’s rather compact and doesn’t resemble the slightly runny standard low-fat yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE THE SUGARS-FREE, LOW-FAT LEMON CAKE
Let’s start with this low-calorie, fruity dessert. First, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Next, line or gently butter a small springform pan with baking parchment and sprinkle with flour. The egg whites should be stiffly beaten with salt before being placed aside. Healthy Cake Recipes For Weight Loss
Now combine the yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and melted butter in a whisk. In a separate dish, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and sweetener. Then, add the dry ingredients to the liquid ones. Add and stir quickly but violently.
Then, include the beaten egg whites. After smoothing up the batter in the pan, bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes. It will continue to be very pale white. Let the cake to cool before icing it. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and sweetener to taste for this.
To make the dough:
- 2 medium egg whites
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) of salt,
- 1 pinch Grecian yogurt 0.2% fat, such as that from Fage
- 80 ml (about 1 1/3 cups) lemon juice freshly squeezed from roughly 2 lemons
- hundred milliliters (7 tablespoons) milk
- 25 grams (2 tablespoons) butter that has been melted, or oil
- 200 g (about 1 1/2 cups) universal flour
- one tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- one organic lemon’s shredded peel
- 50 grams (6 tablespoons) 1 cup or 50 grams of xylitol erythritol
- 200 g for the icing (1 cups) Grecian yogurt 0.2% fat, such as that from Fage
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol/erythritol or powdered sugar, or to taste
- 350°F/175°C of oven preheating is required.
- A small springform pan should be lightly greased and floured, or lined with parchment paper.
- Salt and egg whites should be beaten till stiff. Set aside.
- Yogurt, lemon juice, milk, and melted butter are all combined in a whisk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and sweetener in a separate bowl.
- Add the components to the liquid and mix forcefully but briefly. Then, include the beaten egg whites.
- Fill the pan with batter, level it out, and bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes. It will continue to be very pale white.
- Spread frosting after let to cool. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, and sweetener to taste for this.